Webinar: Social Media Tools Help You Gain Allies and Neutralize Critics
Posted by: John Blue on September 8, 2015
Posted in: Member-benefit, Updates, Webinar
Tagged: media, social media, tools
How Can Social Media Help Agriculture Public Relations? – Agriculture companies know they need to be “on social media” but often don’t know what to do once they have a Facebook page.
They face three basic challenges:
- Experienced communicators don’t have the time or patience to learn social media
- Younger people have the technical skills but lack experience and relationships
- Ag communicators say nice things to themselves, yell back at their critics, but ignore the most important audience: consumers.
Here is the presentation David shared, as a PDF file [link]. The webinar audio and video is also available to ARC members for free, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code [video].
On November 17, 12:30pm ET, David Wescott, Wescott Strategic Communications, shared insights to help demystify the new tools, provide case studies, and provide information on best practices.
David Wescott is Principal of Wescott Strategic Communications. He is a creative public affairs professional who develops and leads successful outreach strategies for clients in life sciences, agriculture, education, and broadcast media. He is a demonstrated expert in developing targeted campaigns and communicating complex messages in science, policy and business to consumers. He is a recognized thought leader and pioneer in social media and crisis communications, presenting and writing in major industry venues and publications
David spent twelve years at global communications consultancy APCO Worldwide, where he was vice president and director, digital strategy. While at APCO he provided strategic counsel to C-suite executives on everything from media training to Congressional testimony to crisis management.
Prior to joining APCO, David was an aide to US Senator Edward M. Kennedy on the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. He also served as executive director of a statewide business advocacy coalition in Massachusetts, and as Administrator for the Department of Pediatrics at Boston Medical Center / Boston University School of Medicine.
Have you missed past ARC webinars? Below are the webinars available to members at no charge:
- 5 Ways to BEEF up Your Social Media Monitoring – Learn five things you can do immediately to provide more actionable intelligence without getting bogged down in data. These no-cost steps can be incorporated into any existing program, from the most robust to low-cost solutions [video].
- Taking Action When Activists Have You Up Against the Ropes – This webinar provides a case study that can help public relations professionals learn about some localized strategies and tactics used to change legislative and regulatory perceptions in South Carolina through social media campaigns [video].
- Critics In The Online Sphere – Janice Person, Director, Social Media, Monsanto Company, shares her experience of how to handle online critics. She also shares how to reach out and learn about others as a way to have better conversation about agriculture, food, and life [video].
Note: Each of the webinars requires a password. If you are a member, send a note to the ARC team at email@example.com or by calling 952.758.5811