Animal Agriculture Alliance hosts ARC intern Sydney Mitchell
Posted by: Christie Nissen on June 16, 2022
Posted in: Updates
The Agricultural Relations Council (ARC) is in year four of the ARC/Gardner & Gardner Communications internship program.
The internship is unique in ag communications in that it is a collaboration of the organization (ARC) and the host agency. The ARC portion of the funding comes from a grant from Gardner & Gardner Communications to the ARC Foundation.
- Internship will be worth a total of $5,000 — $4,000 stipend and $1,000 to be used to attend the annual professional development meeting of ARC.
- The intern will spend 90% of his/her time on host organization projects and 10% to support and attend the ARC annual meeting.
- The internship will be 10-12 weeks long.
- The intern will be selected by March 30.
- Intern will be chosen by a representative of the hosting organization, along with a representative of Gardner & Gardner Communications.
This year’s Agricultural Relations Council summer intern is Sydney Mitchell. She is spending her ARC internship working with Animal Agriculture Alliance.
Sydney is currently a student at South Dakota State University studying Agricultural Communications. She will graduate in December of 2022. At South Dakota State University Sydney is a member of the Honors College, Collegiate 4-H, Dairy Club, Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT), the Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society of Agriculture, the Dean’s Student Advisory Council, and more.
Growing up Sydney showed dairy, beef and dogs in 4-H and completed many other projects in 4-H. She is currently running an independent project called Beyond the Farm where it is her goal to teach middle and high school students about the variety of careers in agriculture. Through this project Sydney has spoken to thousands of people across the country, reached over 300,000 people on social media, and helped to tell the story of agriculture.
To learn more about the internship program, visit https://www.agrelationscouncil.org/students/arc-internship/