NAFB Executive Director
Posted by: Christie Nissen on December 28, 2023
Posted in: Jobs
1100 Platte Falls Rd, Platte City, MO 64079
Lead a team of committed professionals dedicated to serving the National Association of Farm Broadcasting (NAFB), a non-profit organization.
About the NAFB
The NAFB is an association dedicated to serving the interest of agriculture and creating value for its many broadcast member stations and networks. This group of tight-knit professionals serve as an established liaison between the farm broadcasting community and the agri-marketing community of companies and advertising agencies.
Our mission: the NAFB exists to lead, promote, and support growth in agricultural and rural lifestyle broadcasting for the benefit of our members, audience, and industry.
Learn more at nafb.com.
The NAFB seeks an experienced and forward-thinking nonprofit leader to become our new Executive Director.
The Executive Director must be strategic and goal oriented, especially in the implementation of a new strategic plan. This position reports directly to the NAFB Board of Directors and oversees the development and execution of all programs for the association.
The Executive Director will be passionate about agriculture and broadcasting, possess strong business management skills, and be an excellent manager of time, finances, and people. This candidate also will understand how vital the organization is supporting rural and agricultural communities across our country. He/She will serve as a primary spokesperson for the association and as a liaison to the agriculture/media industries.
The Executive Director will work closely with the staff and the NAFB Board of Directors to develop and maintain the mission, vision, plans, and goals of the association and oversee implementation, as appropriate.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established team while preparing the organization to thrive in the next decade. The future is bright for the NAFB.
· A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or agriculture
· 10+ years of management experience in a senior leadership role
· Strong business management skills
– Business management
– Problem solving
– Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
· Deep industry knowledge:
– Farm broadcasting
· Results-focused individual with experience with goal setting and implementation, setting key performance indicators, and knowledge of writing and implementing strategic plans
· Proven relationship management, development, and marketing experience.
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors, membership and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Executive leadership and administration
· Responsible for working with a 11-person Board of Directors
· Be well-connected in the agriculture and communications industries
· Financial management and legal compliance
· Represent the NAFB in a professional and positive manner
· Adhere to the NAFB’s policies and procedures
· Other duties, as assigned
A more detailed description is available upon request via email: email@example.com.
· A candidate near Kansas City is preferred as the NAFB office is a hybrid workspace.
· Salary is commensurate with experience.
· Paid Time Off, based on years of service.
· Healthy living stipend, retirement matching, and disability/life insurance
· Auto allowance
· Cell phone allowance
· Please include a cover letter and references in the Indeed message or via email.
For additional information, please contact: Carah Hart – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan