The Agricultural Relations Council (ARC) is pleased to announce Alltech, one of the top five global animal health and nutrition companies, has been chosen to host the ARC intern in the spring and summer of 2017.
ARC member Susanna Elliott of Alltech plans, among other traditional duties, to utilize the intern to assist with communications efforts surrounding its ONE: Alltech Ideas Conference, an event that attracts more than 3,000 leaders in agriculture from nearly 70 countries.
“We plan to have the intern write press releases, blogs, articles and social media posts,” Elliott says. “Alltech is a strong supporter of ag-related education. We are thrilled to host the intern.”
The internship is unique in ag communications in that it is a collaboration of the organization (ARC) and the company (Alltech). The ARC portion of the funding comes from a grant from Gardner & Gardner Communications to the ARC Foundation. ARC will coordinate the internship program and selection.
“The ARC Foundation is excited to re-energize and re-introduce our internship program,” says Executive Director Den Gardner. “The board is committed to creating a first class internship program and know that the folks at Alltech will represent our organization well in this endeavor. Now it’s on to the internship application process.”
- Intern will be hosted by Alltech, located just outside Lexington, Kentucky.
- Internship will be worth a total of $5,000 — $4,000 stipend and $1,000 to be used to attend the annual professional development meeting of ARC – to be held June 20 through 22 in Sacramento, California.
- The intern will spend 80% of his/her time on Alltech projects and 20% to support and attend the ARC annual meeting.
- The internship will be 10-12 weeks long.
- Student intern applications will open Feb. 1, 2017, and close March 31. The intern will be selected in April.
- Intern will be chosen by a representative of the hosting organization, along with a representative of Gardner & Gardner Communications and one board representative.
Press Release: Alltech Selected to Host ARC Intern
2017 – Alltech – Nicholasville, Kentucky
2017 – TBD (Apply here)