The Agricultural Relations Council (ARC) is entering year two of its internship program. The 2018 host company will be selected by January 1, 2018. Students interested in a career in agricultural public relations are encouraged to apply.
The internship is unique in ag communications in that it is a collaboration of the organization (ARC) and the host company. The ARC portion of the funding comes from a grant from Gardner & Gardner Communications to the ARC Foundation. ARC will coordinate the internship program and selection.
“The ARC Foundation is excited to re-energize and re-introduce our internship program,” says executive director Den Gardner. “The board is committed to creating a first class internship program.”
- 2018 Intern host will be determined by January 1, 2018.
- Internship will be worth a total of $5,000 — $4,000 stipend and $1,000 to be used to attend the annual professional development meeting of ARC – to be held June 19 through 21 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- The intern will spend 80% of his/her time on host organization projects and 20% to support and attend the ARC annual meeting.
- The internship will be 10-12 weeks long.
- Student intern applications will open Feb. 1, 2018, and close March 31. The intern will be selected in April.
- Intern will be chosen by a representative of the hosting organization, along with a representative of Gardner & Gardner Communications and one board representative.
Previous interns and host organizations:
2017 – Hannah Oates, University of Kentucky interned at Alltech in Nicholasville, Kentucky