Social Media Community Manager
Posted by: Christie Nissen on September 22, 2022
Posted in: Jobs
Social Media Community Manager – Certified Angus Beef
Day in the Life of This Role
This position is responsible for the creation of the brand’s presence on social media channels, creating a tribe of beef-loving individuals. This role is responsible for the day-to-day voice and engagement of the brand socially, and development of the plans and content that grow the brand’s presence in social platforms around the globe. This position works closely with the creative, communications and culinary teams to capture and share high-impact content and with agencies to continually shape social strategies and initiatives.
Sound like a great day to you? Keep reading to learn about the role’s essential functions, and preferred skills and experiences:
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers and agencies to create and post engaging content
- Manage the editorial calendar and guide conversations to grow loyal followers
- Manage the brand’s communities and daily engagement on numerous platforms
- Work with the brand’s collections of chefs and experts to create rich content and community engagement
- Work with digital team to define and communicate benchmarks and metrics
- Assist the digital team in developing social media marketing campaigns to reach new and existing consumers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Passion for working with creative people to develop and launch campaigns on major platforms
- Write innovative, positive and witty copy, keyword tags, alt-text and basic HTML
- Ability to create social content for numerous platforms and uses
- Experience in working with agencies or creative teams
- Experience in assessing social content and strategies for awareness, readability, usability, interactivity and credibility
- Excel at critical and creative thinking, implementation, attention to detail and follow-through
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field and
- 5 to 7 years of experience in social media marketing
- Experience in platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube
- Online brand reputation experience is a plus
This position requires minimal work travel, up to 5%.
This in-office (not remote) position is located in Wooster, Ohio.
Still excited? Here’s what we can offer you.
In addition to enjoying great-tasting beef, we provide employees 10 vacation days and 10 personal days in the first year of employment. Employees also enjoy eight paid holidays and time off to volunteer in the community. We pay 90% of full-time employee health insurance. We also provide dental and vision coverage and an extensive wellness program. Both 401(k) and pension programs are available. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More about Certified Angus Beef
The best-tasting beef starts on sustainable farms and ranches, and our role is to help market that beef to global food distributors and grocery stores, so chefs and home cooks can serve their best meals. While doing that, we stay true to our farm beginnings with staff meals around the table, open-door conversations and neighborly friendships inside our Wooster, Ohio, home and beyond. We challenge each other and push the limits of beef innovation to help our customers thrive, yet fun and celebrations are always cherished. For more than 40 years, we’ve held these traditions close and they’ve helped make us a certified Great Place to Work®.
If this position interests you, apply to join our family today.