Posted by: Kellie Lasack on June 18, 2020
Posted in: Jobs
COMPANY: American Farm Bureau Federation – Feed and Grain
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations and Revenue Development
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for overarching strategic planning of editorial content and revenue
targets to achieve annual and long-term goals for product and profit growth for all
media services. Manage the editorial, circulation, sales, marketing, financial and
manufacturing resources within established standards and policies.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Business Operations and Revenue Development
DIRECT REPORTS: Editor, Sr. Account Services Manager and Production & Audience Coordinator
LOCATION: Fort Atkinson, WI
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and achieve targeted revenue goals, develop and manage budgets, analyze sales and marketing activities, and monitor expenses to meet or exceed targeted financial performance.
• Identify and implement editorial content development opportunities according to strategic priorities and market needs.
• Develop short and long-term business plans (including marketing and sales strategies and promotions) consistent with organization’s strategic revenue goals.
• Identify competitive market opportunities and develop business cases to establish new products and services, all in keeping with the business’s strategic interests.
• Ability to create and execute a multiplatform sales strategy that covers print, websites and mobile products. Sell advertising space, with responsibility for at minimum 50% of revenue generation.
• Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments to staff and provide leadership to achieve customer satisfaction within budgetary constraints.
• Ensure continuous improvement of media products and the methods for achieving the end products by leading a professional staff.
• Maintain a culture of teamwork, delivering superior customer service, and upholding journalism excellence.
• Maintain staff guidelines and awareness of elevator and mill industry safety rules and regulations.
• Represent the organization in the appropriate professional associations, societies and groups. Develop industry presence and participate in trade conventions and shows.
• Seek out opportunities for cooperation, collaboration and business synergy with other facets of the organization.
Communicates with all advertisers, subscribers, affiliated industry organizations, vendors and AFBF staff as appropriate.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in journalism, marketing and/or business
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the publishing industry; with at least 5 years’ management experience
• Skilled marketer with proven track record of driving revenue and content development, improving existing products and developing new services
• Proven knowledge of using interactive and social media tools to market events, expositions, and conferences
• Strong understanding of sales and marketing principles with revenue target responsibilities
• Effective project planning experience and creation of business development opportunities
• Proven ability to establish strategic plans, manage multiple projects and maintain perspective of market strategy
• Effective understanding of latest media technology and service offerings and identify how to apply them within the targeted market segments
• Excellent writing and demonstrated business acumen
• Strong communication skills with the ability to relay market conditions to senior management
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
• Experience on both the editorial and sales side of the publishing industry. Trade association or niche market experience a plus.
• Experience identifying and deploying new services and content outlets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Travel as required – approximately 25-30%
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is June 28, 2020, or until filled.