Marketing Programs Manager – SmithBucklin
Posted by: Kellie Lasack on August 3, 2021
Posted in: Jobs
SmithBucklin, the association management firm responsible for facilitating and executing domestic programs for the United Soybean Board (USB), seeks an experienced candidate for the position of:
Marketing Programs Manager. The Manager is a creative and innovative professional that will be a member of a marketing and communication team. This person will:
- Conduct marketing research initiatives to determine value and market potential of- and advantageous dynamics offered by soybeans, soybean meal and soybean oil for specific markets, including food, livestock feed, industrial uses and other innovative market opportunities.
- Use results of market research to create:
- Strategic customer profiles for target market segments with a goal of increasing market opportunities for soy by providing specific solutions to targeted end users.
- Marketing plans that include strategic roadmaps to connect soy’s value propositions to existing and innovative market opportunities or that provide solutions for identified customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with USB:
- Staff economic expert to develop marketing forecasts for specific soy uses.
- Staff branding strategist to build aligned marketing strategies that build on and promote the established profile strength of the USSOY brand.
- Leadership to establish marketing strategies aligned with strategic goals and objectives.
- In addition, the Manager collaborates with USB contractors and other USB staff to implement new marketing strategies and optimize existing marketing programs.
- Provide monthly insights about broad trends in targeted soy market segments and reputational indicators that signal changing customer needs and behaviors and create additional opportunities for soy.
- Develop a suite of services to assist cooperating end users validate their decision to choose soy.
- Work collaboratively with staff communications specialists to produce brand-aligned marketing materials underpinned by comprehensive market research, including soy’s value proposition and advantageous dynamics that provide marketplace solutions for end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or highly relevant field and 8 (8) years of increasingly responsible relevant experience in strategic food, ingredient or agricultural product marketing, which includes three (3) years or more of project management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in relevant area preferred.
- Demonstrated experience creating and analyzing research and market data to create and support marketing strategies.
- Experience in agriculture, food or sustainability sector marketing strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate must show evidence of demonstrated experience in creating marking plans and managing complex marketing projects.
- Experience which demonstrates excellence in successful marketing programs. Ability to manage subcontractors and consultants to plan and execute tactics to ensure successful project outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear presentation of marketing data to diverse audiences
- Strong knowledge of- and interest in relevant consumer and end-user market data collection and analysis
- Ability to coordinate market research and analyze the resulting data to identify the values and buying habits of target end users and customers.
- Ability and understanding of brand strategy so as to work closely with brand managers to advance the brand
- Ability to organize and manage a strategic range of marketing projects applicable to the agriculture and soybean value chain simultaneously.
- Expertise in creating digital marketing strategies and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many deadlines, projects, and relationships.
- Familiarity and understanding of marketing strategy and best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications.
- Gifted collaborator with the ability to manage relationships across geography and through a matrixed management structure.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage projects and workflow while using time and resources effectively.
- Availability to travel 30-35%of the time.
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.