American Farm Bureau Federation – Digital and Social Media Specialist
Posted by: Kristy on February 13, 2019
Posted in: Jobs
TITLE: Digital & Social Media Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Work collaboratively to develop and execute approved digital, video and social media tactics and content to support AFBF’s strategic issue goals and organizational priorities.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Communications
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage AFBF’s primary social media platforms.
- Develop, create and curate interesting and engaging graphics, digital and video content for both internal and external purposes, partnering with creative team as needed.
- Produce weekly and longer-term editorial calendars for social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with Executive Team for AFBF President’s social media platforms.
- Assist with production/editing of video and digital content.
- Collaborate with Director of Strategic Communications to develop and implement a strategic plan for social media execution and develop engagement-focused tactics as part of larger strategic campaigns.
- Serve as social media liaison to external audiences including coalition partners, allied groups, Hill and Administration communicators.
- Collaborate with Director of Internal Communications to distribute weekly editorial calendar and content, and leverage and implement social and digital content in support of internal audience strategies.
- Lead a small collaborative team of AFBF staff responsible for other organizational social media platforms to enhance architecture, content and engagement.
- Develop and lead a small advisory group of state Farm Bureau staff responsible for social media efforts.
- Coordinate overall measurement of social media engagement and produce monthly and quarterly dashboard reports, and on specific issues as needed.
- Manage AFBF Annual Convention social media efforts.
- Assist, as needed, with writing and broadcast assignments.
Collaborate with AFBF staff and communications professionals from state Farm Bureaus, coalition partners, allied groups, aligned stakeholders and Hill and Administration offices as appropriate.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2-5 years of experience in social and electronic media communications
- Knowledge and experience in social media, video, graphics and other digital communications platforms.
- Experience working on complex policy issues
- Proven writing experience
- Experience with digital and broadcast storytelling
- Knowledge of agriculture
Travel as needed
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is March 5, 2019.