Agricultural Marketing Manager
Posted by: Kellie Lasack on February 8, 2021
Posted in: Jobs
Who We Are
Gate 39 Media is a financial marketing and technology agency based in Chicago, IL. Businesses nationwide approach us to help them establish brand identity, position themselves strategically in the financial and agricultural marketplace, and conduct ongoing marketing campaigns. In addition to marketing, website design and hosting, we offer an array of proprietary technology solutions such as custom apps and portals. We are fast-paced, results-driven, and constantly evolving to meet our clients’ needs as they connect with their audiences.
We are seeking a full time Agricultural Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team to help ideate, manage, and execute a variety of integrated inbound agricultural marketing campaigns for our commercial agricultural clients.
Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate has deep knowledge of the agricultural, producer-focused, and ag technology space. They know how a farm works, understand the cash grain business, and are agricultural marketing subject matter experts, knowing what content resonates with farmers and producers, and have run ag marketing programs or have advised in a specialized consulting capacity.
The ideal candidate is a proactive individual with well-developed critical thinking skills who can process, react to, and solve problems as they arise. The ideal candidate will have experience managing integrated agricultural marketing campaigns, possess exceptional SEO and lead generation skills, be able to professionally interface with several clients, and have sharpened marketing skills to produce quantifiable results for ag clients.
- Project management experience, managing agricultural clients or agricultural-focused marketing campaigns
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within multiple timelines for both retainer clients and one-off projects
- Outstanding attention to detail, customer service, and time management and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience executing, measuring, and optimizing all components of agricultural-focused inbound marketing, campaigns designed to drive lead generation
- Key driver of SEO and lead generation activities, being able to pitch ideas and tactical strategies to measure, optimize, and increase lead generation results for clients
- Adept at producing results in and measuring KPIs across multiple agricultural marketing channels, including web, social, paid campaigns, etc.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to professionally interface with clients to present new ideas and articulate marketing results
- Ability to write agricultural marketing and producer-focused content with SEO and messaging at top of mind – emails, calls to action, website content, video scripts, social posts, blog posts, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to internal task management processes and marketing protocols
- Working knowledge of MS Office and task management software (such as Asana)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics / AdWords, CRM software (HubSpot, Pardot, Salesforce)
- Experience with WordPress and common marketing and social media platforms
- Experience in an agricultural services marketing role required
- Operate as a lead project manager for multiple agency agricultural / agribusiness clients on a variety of projects, helping ideate, guide, and manage a variety of ag and producer-focused campaigns for lead generation and brand-building
- Assist CMO with new ideas and tactics to implement new and improve existing lead generation campaigns for agribusiness clients
- Work with all Marketing Team members to review and advise on methods of optimizing marketing results for clients and help manage marketing platform activities, campaign assets, drip campaigns, social media campaigns, etc.
- Assist in the keyword strategy and messaging of paid ad campaigns: Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook and keyword analysis, SEO reports, and lead link-building strategies for clients.
- Ability to develop and manage social media strategies
- Help build a database of agricultural-focused publishers and ag media contacts.
- Help manage the task load of internal teams and help manage client expectations through the lifecycle of a project by maintaining communication with clients at from the start, to set project timelines, gather client requirements, through completion, delivery, and follow-up
- Participate in internal conversations around project updates and how to improve processes
Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ agricultural agency or agricultural consulting experience in a marketing role, digital ag content management role, or agribusiness communications role
- 5+ years’ role in Marketing Manager role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism (required)
- Adept at building relationships within the commercial ag / agribusiness space
- Able to communicate project requirements and performance status to management, clients, and other stakeholders involved with projects
- Work well with multiple, moving, and tight deadlines; Ability to pivot from project-to-project and manage with minimal guidance
- Professional and personable in addressing clients as well as the internal team
- Creative, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication. Big egos need not apply
- HubSpot Certifications are a big plus as we are a HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
- Advanced understanding of website development from a technical perspective
- Experience with PR Web, Hootsuite, Wufoo, YouTube, and keyword reconnaissance software such as SpyFu or SEO Moz
Company Culture & Benefits
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION INCLUDES:
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Performance bonus
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Casual work environment
- The opportunity to work on diverse projects
The salary range for this position is: $75,000 – $90,000